Monday, June 26, 2023

The School Teacher's Creed



I believe in boys and girls, the men and women of a great tomorrow; that whatsoever a boy soweth, a man shall reap. I believe in the cure of ignorance, effacy of schools, in the dignity of teaching, and in the joy of serving others. I believe in wisdom as revealed in human lives as well as in the pages of a printed book; in lessons taught, not so much by precept as by example; in ability to work with the hands as well as think with the head; in everything that makes life large and lovely. I believe in beauty in the school room, in the home, in daily life, and in out-of-doors. I believe in laughter, in love, in faith, in all ideals and distant hopes that lure us on. I believe that every hour of every day we receive a just reward for all we are and all we do. I believe in the present and its opportunities, in the future and its promises and in the divine joy of living. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment